PILE: Italian Construction Tinsmithery Manufacturers Installers
Founded in 1993, the Association brings together the major manufacturers and installers of construction tinsmithery in order to spread knowledge of the industry’s state of the art. The Association is the only one at the national level, and constitutes the benchmark for decision-makers, companies, operators and construction technicians.
It works with UNI, the Italian National Unification Body, taking part in meetings to draft regulations that concern the sector of guttering, discontinuous roofings, stormwater disposal systems. In 2017, it launched the standardisation process for the tinsmith and metal roofer, with the end goal of creating the first tinsmithery and metal roofing school, recognised and accredited at the national level: PILACADEMY.
It has always been present at the main national construction trade fairs, given impetus to studies, market research, and organised professional training courses aimed at fostering professionalism and the technological, managerial development of its members.
PILE brings together the companies that manufacture those items that make up the division of construction tinsmithery, specialised in laying stormwater disposal systems and metal roofing, the companies that machine metal for civil and industrial construction, and the companies connected to the industry supply chain.
Below, are its main activities:
- organising industry conferences travelling throughout Italy;
- attending as a permanent member the relevant UNI Commissions, promoting the drafting of regulations concerning the tinsmithery sector;
- participating at the main Italian trade shows in the sector;
- organising specialisation and professional training courses;
- creating an information network between and for members, giving them the opportunity to put together special conventions between themselves.
As of 2016, in collaboration with Virgina Gambino Editore, the Association publishes “Lattoneria” (Tinsmithery) every three months, the only trade journal dedicated to the sector of discontinuous roofings.